Thursday, January 16, 2014

Finding Hidden Treasures

Preston's favorite thing to play with at Nana's office.


The grandchildren came to see me at my office yesterday during lunch hour.
I love when they come as Preston loves to play with the teeth models and Madison loves to just run around and then climb up and down into my lap.
When they came yesterday, of course, I had to show them off to Dr. Henao, who just loves to love on Madi and is amazed at how brilliant Preston is.  While she was 'oodeling' over Madi, Preston went off exploring.  He came back in a few minutes with toothbrushes - one for him and one for Madi.  I was amazed that he had picked a blue one and a pink one, knowing at age three that blue is for boy and pink is for girl.  I opened each toothbrush and let them pretend to brush their teeth.  Then, inside my office, Preston played with the tipedon's I had on my desk (teeth models) and he pretended to talk from them - it was hilarious.  The whole time we were in my office, he played with that and Madi just giggled and ran around.
After an hour, it was time to leave.  I helped gather up all their belongings that Madi had spread around the room - couldn't find a few things...but...
After they had left, I got to cleaning things up and doing some work.  I went to put the teeth models away and while doing so, heard something inside - opened it up to find Preston had hidden a paperclip inside.  It made me smile, having a reminder he had been there.
About an hour later, near the close of the day, I had to go into my filing drawer, and inside is where I discovered Madi's carefully placed toothbrush, where she had been playing earlier.  I smiled again and felt the warmth of my love I have for those sweet children.
Their visit certainly had made my day.
My later discoveries of their visit made me smile with joy.

No comments: