Monday, January 20, 2014

Mammogram, Menopause and Meltdown



Went for my annual pap smear and check up.
The pictures tell it all....
I was supposed to have been on medication this past year for my cholesterol, triglycerides and mood swings.  I was supposed to lose 20 pounds by dieting and exercising.  I was supposed to be better than last year.
Instead, I was asked why there had been no improvement from the year before.
As I started to explain, I sobbed...'my dog died, my dad died, my garden died, my...'.  My doctor interrupted me and asked, 'Your crying about your garden?'  I laid into him like no other.  Then he smiled and said, 'So I guess I don't need to ask you how the Paxil is working?'
I BUSTED out in laughter.
I needed to.  I had already slammed my finger in the door while going into the bathroom, I weighed exactly what I had weighed last year but have more belly fat - and I still had the mammogram to go!!!  I won't get those results until next week.
So I just laughed.
Dr. did get serious though and said I need to make some changes this next year as I am pre-diabetic and my cholesterol and triglyceride levels are both too high.  I'm on medication, need to lose 20 pounds and cut out junk food.  I've done this before and I can do it again, so I will.
Plus...I want to.  Well, not really.  But I will.

No comments: