Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Slipped in a Quick Trip






In between Christmas and the New Year, I traveled with Kathryn to Utah.
Yep, Kathryn has moved to Utah.  Good thing for everyone, especially her, to have a new start on life and some new and very good opportunities.  I am thrilled for her.  She has been able to transfer in her job to the Lehi restaurant and she found a townhouse to move in to.
Our trip was fun.  It's always fun for me to travel with Kathryn.  She has such a fun sense of humor and she and I find a lot of the same things hilarious.  We laugh a lot together, which makes for a long 22 hour drive even better when we do it in just under 19 hours.  When we got there, we went and first thing I did was buy her a new bed and bedding (an early birthday present) which would all  be delivered the day after New Years.  Then we slept and went visiting to cousins and aunts and uncles places.
I spent New Years with Becca and family while Kathryn was with her BFF Rachel Taylor. We played games and watched fireworks.  When my mother and I went back to her house, she broke out the Martinelli's (drink) and I got a few cute pictures of my mother.  She's a natural 'lush' and I had a good time with her.
I ended up needing to come home two days earlier than what I had planned, as flights out for Sunday were non existant.  I fly on stand by and so didn't get out until Friday night late, getting into Dallas at around midnight.  I was both exhausted and disappointed that I missed two last days in Utah to visit with family.  But life is what it is.

Now, the New Year has begun - I've been home but not been very social on the internet at all and haven't even had time to go see my grandbabies yet.  But Kylie has sent pictures and they still look adorable.  Jordan and Lexi have already changed Kathryn's room into the baby nursery and today is Kathryn's birthday - she's 21, and I'm missing her and hoping she has a wonderful day.
I'm back to work - back to church activities and back to a very quiet home.  Kathryn seems to be happy as cousins are including her in activities and giving her special attention.  She will hopefully start her new job tomorrow and get settled in.  The trip seemed to exhaust me a little...so I'm trying to catch up on some sleep and things around the house.  I missed Del terribly too.  We will spend some private time together this weekend.
So...welcome 2014 -

No comments: