Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Paper Cuts and Hangnails

Not very many things hurt - or bother me like a paper cut or a hangnail.
It must be that our finger tips are the most sensitive parts of our bodies because, DANG, my ring finger is killing me, having both a paper cut AND a hangnail.
Of course, the hangnail didn't hurt until I pulled it and made it bleed.
Why do I do that?  I guess the same reason I cut my toenails too short and make them bleed - or pick my scabs (sorry, that's gross), or bite my fingernails too short.  And now, I have the proverbial band aid on my finger that brings me only enough relief to not be crying out in pain all day as I type my reports at work and type here on my blog.
Fingertips.  Our sensory minds. And the paper cuts come so suddenly and then hurt so bad.  It's ridiculous how much they hurt.  I have the pain threshold of a wimp.
But until this finger heals, I will whine...because I can.

No comments: