Monday, August 12, 2019

'It's Only a Flesh Wound'

But it still hurt!!!
I was doing a favor for Del and went to the gas station to fill up our gasoline jugs for the lawnmower.
I was trying to back up and circle around a brick beam so that I could then drive forward and drive away, BUT, I backed right into the brick bean.  Didn't even SEE it.  I HEARD it first. UGH!!
When I came home, I of course called Del over to see it, but he thought I was asking him to unload the gasoline jugs.  When he came around the corner and saw the dent, he jumped back slightly and said 'Oh, wow!'  But as the day wore on and we did other things, he saw it at the end of the day and said 'it was only a flesh wound'. 
But we are going to have to wait to get it fixed.  All that costs money you know.  And with me being unemployed?  Well...yuh know - it's gunna have to wait.

No comments: