Tuesday, January 4, 2022

A Quick Update on the People I Love Most

 

Well, the picture is kind of far away but it's the last one of the whole family, taken on Del's birthday two months ago.  I'll start at the top.

Del and I are about the same - Del turned 65 and has all the Medicare and Social Security issues he has to worry about now.  He still works for Dell Computers and I am still watching Peyton every day while Kathryn goes to work.  Del was just called as a counselor in the Elder's Quorum Presidency and I am still the ward organist and the new Laurel Advisor in the Young Women's program.

Jordan and Lexi are doing great.  They have decided to homeschool Emerson (turning 8) and Evie(turning 5) instead of public school, which is turning out to be a real blessing for the kids.  Both kids LOVE being at home with parents and having the freedom to learn as quickly as they want to.  Emerson is in 2nd grade and Evie is a pre-schooler.  They come over to visit often, which we LOVE as Nana and Papa.  I'm developing quite a love and special bond with Lexi - she's just my 'go to girl' for emotional, spiritual and any kind of heartbreaking emotions I go through.  She's very loving and supportive, as are both my daughters.

Mike and Kylie have had a few job changes.  Kylie is now working for a pool company and enjoying the new responsibilities with her new work.  Preston just turned 11 and has officially passed me in height.  He's in his last year of elementary school.  Madison just turned 9 and was baptized the month before her birthday.  She has embraced the church and has such tender and kind feelings towards her family and friends.  Lucy is a 6 year old spitfire with the exact same curly hair her mother had growing up.  She is loving her kindergarten year of school.

Ammon and Kathryn are loving this wonderful stage of parenting with their sweet little Peyton, who turned 11 months just two days ago.  They both work full time which allows me and Del to get all the Nana and Papa moments we want with Peyton, who is standing alone and attempting to walk all on her own.  She sleeps through the night, jabbers non stop and melts our hearts with her giggles and loves.  Of course, because they live with us, we have an extra tender spot in our hearts for our last grandbaby.  It will be exciting to celebrate her one year birthday next month.  Every other week, we also have Ammon's older children, Rykert and Lilly, for the weekend and enjoy getting to know them better.

I love MY people.  Each one of them holds a very tender place in my heart for various reasons specific to them.  I could not live without any one of them.  I'm so glad they live close by and I'm able to see them weekly or at least twice a month.  And the love continues to grow.  I can honestly say that the love I have for them is unconditional and strengthened by the good people they strive to be.  Del and I are truly blessed to call each of them, family.

No comments: