Sunday, January 16, 2022

Living in a State of Nothingness

I remember Christmas Day and having a wonderful dinner.  Then later that night, I remember starting to have a deep cough and a hard time breathing.  Now, three weeks later, I'm trying to remember everything else.  But there's nothing.

I know the day after Christmas, I stayed home from church as I was just totally wiped out .  I literally slept for days.  I don't remember New Years Eve, but I did go to church the day after the new year because I played the organ, then came home and went back to bed.  

On Friday the 7th of January, I know I went and tested for Covid and it came back positive.  I went to such lengths to make sure Kathryn still had a good birthday, but then after I had made dinner and done the dishes, I went back to bed.  And that's where I've been ever since.  I know it was my birthday last Monday, but don't ask me anything about it because I don't remember.  It shouldn't count if I don't remember, right?

A total state of nothingness.  I know Kathryn and Ammon have both tested positive in the meantime, and so they have both been home from work and been taking care of Peyton, who is feeling so much better.  Del has not tested officially for Covid, but he has been sick as well, some days sleeping as much as I have.  I have missed the past two weeks of church, including today and spent the majority of the time sleeping.  No progression spiritually,; no progression financially; no progression physically, mentally or in any way whatsoever.  Literally just existing.

I THINK I'm on the mend now.  At least, that's what we're all counting on tomorrow.  Everyone will be back to work, I'll be back to watching Peyton and running the house, and everyone else will be back to their full time jobs.  I never thought I would get Covid and have it affect me like this.  Hope never again.

No comments: