Saturday, January 1, 2022

It's Time to Move On


 I thought the world would stop at the passing of Rachel.

But, it didn't.  So here, I find it the first day of a new year - 2022.  I've not written anything since Rachel's funeral.  Nothing.  But it's not because plenty hasn't happened.  It's just that I've felt slightly empty; not motivated and very sorrowful.  Just empty.  I still look back on 7 months ago and can't believe it really happened.  Rachel died.

But life has gone on and now I find that I have to move on also.  I have finally put Rachel's passing in it's appropriate place - the past, and I choose to now live for a hopeful future.

My desire for this year is to be more aware - have a heightened level of awareness in people, places, emotions and feelings.  And in this state of awareness, if I am able to help the situation for the better or help someone for the good because of the spirit, then I want to act.  I want to be more aware of others needs - promptings from the spirit - things I observe - things I am told.  And then help.

Our dear prophet, President Russell Nelson left a sweet message for the members of the church on his Instagram today asking us to be aware of 3 suggestions for Resolutions this coming year.

1- Resolve to Strengthen our Spiritual Foundation:

     Set a specific time and place to study the scriptures, pray more often, make temple worship a bigger priority and let God prevail in all aspects of my life.

2- Resolve to be Kind to Others:

     Eliminate contention in my life and be compassionate, understanding, slow to judge and quick to forgive.

3- Resolve to be Resolute:

     The Lord loves effort, consistency, steadfastness.  Have persistent efforts to Hear Him and follow the inspiration He gives me.

So, I am back to life and all it has to offer.  I have learned much about myself over the past year; not all good, but I have a lot of good things I have done and still want to do in my life.  With these suggestions from President Nelson and my own personal desires, I am hoping to accomplish much in this new year.

I'm moving on.

No comments: