Saturday, August 14, 2010

Baby Shower Day










There are a lot of people who love Kylie very much. And deservedly so. Kylie is a wonderful girl who lives the commandments and is deserving of all the love and respect she receives from people. She lives a good life.
Today was an expression of that love shown from many friends and family that came to honor her and congratulate her in the upcoming arrival of her baby. I was so proud of her and the way she carried herself today. She truly is grateful to these wonderful people that have been so good to her.
The first baby shower was this morning and it was hosted by her cousin Scarlett. I helped with a few of the decorations and some food and then Elaine also made two wonderful salads and so we had some wonderful food and a good turn out of family and friends. Everyone had fun visiting while eating great food - we played just a few games and then she opened her gifts.....such kindnesses from these people.
The second shower was hosted by Dana Hicken and some other friends that helped Dana with the food etc - Meredith Smith, Shelly Dalebout, Kim Davis, etc... and another fantastic turnout. These were all ladies that have known Kylie since she was in Young Women's. She admires and loves these women. They are the women that she has watched and followed for over 8 years - their examples, their actions, their words and their lives. And she has not been disappointed in a single one of them. They have helped Del and I raise Kylie into a beautiful and faithful young woman. It meant a lot to her that they were there.
And once again, she was showered with beautiful expressions of love and gifts. Dana had each of the guests do artwork on a chosen 'onesie' that would be worn by Preston at some time in his life. Even Dana's two daughters that Kylie adores, Lexi and Megan, each made Kylie a onesie from them. I was so touched by the unique idea and what each of the girls had done on their onesie that I teared up. Kylie will think of each of those special people each time she dresses Preston in one of those outfits. How appropriate....
And the gifts were wonderful. Those ladies really out did themselves. Kylie and Michael and little Preston will want for nothing. I'm pretty sure Preston will have something new to wear each day for at least the first 40-50 days of his life. And he will be the best 'decked out' little baby boy around...such cute outfits. I'm going to be so lucky to be his grandma.
Which is another thing. I keep getting asked what I'm going to have Preston call me...his other grandma, Michael's mom is going to be 'Uma' - which means grandma in Polish. I'm thinking I will probably just be Grandma or maybe Nana - which was the name of the dog in the movie Peter Pan - who knows...just something to think about. Del wants to be 'grandpa'....original huh???
Anyways - a very fun day for Kylie. I soooo hope she understand how much she is loved by these good people. I especially hope she realizes that she has lived a life that merits all the love shown her today too.
I love you so very much Kylie. Thank you for being....you.

1 comment:

Kylie C. said...

Thanks Mom!!!! I'm so glad you were able to share that day with me. I'm excited for you to be a grandma! Love you!