Monday, August 16, 2010

Most Inconvenient

So Kathryn woke up with a very sore throat Sunday. She started complaining about it Saturday so I knew she was preparing us for a 'stay at home' Sunday. I imagine there will be quite a few of those over the next 5-8 months or until she at least gets a testimony.
I had prepared myself for what I would do too. I was betting she thought we would leave her here at home for three hours like we have so many times before but she was betting wrong. When I went to wake her up and was so surprised that she moaned and groaned with aches and pains (NOT!!), I told her to stay in bed and that I would stay home with her. She didn't like THAT idea at all but I reminded her that she would be having a constant family companion with her over the next 8 months, no matter how inconvenient it was for any of us. I gave her a smile and politely said 'Not being able to trust you is really the pits, isn't it?"
So I was home from church. Not fun AT ALL!!!
But we'll all get used to it soon enough.
Who knows? We may actually end up friends at the end of all our 'bonding time'.

No comments: