Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Difficult Step

I was very proud of this young lady today. One of her recent challenges required her to return some things in her possession to their rightful owner - and admit her part in the situation. It was hard and VERY scary, considering what some of the consequences could have been. But, she and I had decided that because it was the right and necessary thing to do, that we would also be ready and willing to take the consequences, whatever those may be.
There was much compassion and love shown by those whom we needed to be understanding and forgiving. It was a much needed relief and blessing for Kathryn to be forgiven and embraced by those to whom she had shown offense. I was so grateful that it turned out the way it did and that she was ultimately able to have a very wonderful experience in the repentance process.
Tonight, I give thanks to a loving Heavenly Father that is softening and preparing the hearts of those that Kathryn will need to ask forgiveness of over the next few days.
This is hard as her parent too...but I need to stand by her side and give her the support that only a parent would give at this time. I would love nothing better than to make her go do this on her own and take her blows and punches.
But I just can't.
I still love her...very much.
She needs to not be left alone in this.

No comments: