Saturday, January 7, 2012

One More Year as a Teenager


Kathryn turned nineTEEN today, making her officially a teenager for another year. But nineteen seems so much older than eighteen that I'm thinking I'll just move her right up to the category of Young Adult in my mind.
She started with a cold the other day and so wasn't actually feeling her best today, but she was very sweet to spend time with her whole family tonight at Maggianos where we had some really good food, and a LOT of it. We are all pretty glad that tomorrow is Fast Sunday.
Del and I gave her cash for her birthday gift...what every teenager or young adult wants, so hopefully she will use it wisely and carefully.
I sure love her. Kathryn has been a very special daughter in my life - one that I feel at many times has been more of a dear friend than a daughter to me. She is so very loved by so many people but no-one more than by me and the rest of her family.
I feel so blessed to have her in my life.
She is beautiful, both inside and out...and I love her very much.
Happy Birthday my baby dolly.

No comments: