Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Fleeting Ouch

I've done a lot of learning, growing, changing and healing over the past two years.
I try not to talk about the past anymore unless it is to help me realize how far I have come from a very difficult place in my life.
Which means, on occasion, it still hurts.
The aftermath and fallout is sometimes evident but mostly, I have recovered and moved on.  Memories are the worst and regrets will be always.  But, I am in a really good place now...a really good place, so the hurt isn't much more than just a fleeting moment. 
For this, I am grateful.
I only reflect on it this exact moment because of the day...nothing significant and nothing I want to continue to remember again, but it just brought to light the fact that there has been progression, of which, I am grateful.
I will just be very careful who's offer of 'friendship' I accept on Facebook from now on.
'Once burned, twice shy...twice burned, fool was I.'

No comments: