Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Day 2012

The filling of the targets.

The kids decided to make each color a certain point value to help keep score of the winner.

Kylie took tons more pictures, but Del was able to get this one of Jordan.

Dessert....

Elaine took a small slice of each pie.

Looking at Elaine's plate, I quickly realized there was NO way I was going to do the same thing she did.

We decided to share the pie...AND the guilt.

Obviously Kayla had a slice of each also and didn't share with anyone!!  Spencer had to save her from the worst tummy ache ever.

Games

Preston was easily entertained on his mothers phone.
Del and I were up early Thanksgiving morning  preparing the turkey and stuffing for a 3:00 dinner.  I mentioned to him that I was pretty sure that our beautiful sleeping daughter, Kathryn, thought there was a turkey fairy that miraculously prepared, dressed and cooked the turkey each year.  I remember many a time wondering what time my mother had been up Thanksgiving morning getting the dinner started.  Now I know....EARLY.
Family started arriving around noon and the kids got some water bottles and other containers ready for a backyard shoot out.  When Elaine and her family arrived, they all went out to our forest and shot guns for a little over an hour, had some good fun and then came in for a yummy dinner.  Everything was perfect.  Good food, family and fun.  Everyone was gone around 10:00 p.m.
A successful Thanksgiving...with time to be grateful for the many blessings I enjoy in my life.
I enjoy a simple life.  Del, children and grandchildren, family and friends.  The gospel and my testimony - temple covenants, an eternal future with all I hold dear to me.
For all these things, I give thanks.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments: