Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thank You Pintrest







I decided to make a few new Christmas decorations for our new home...so where did I go for ideas???  Well, to PINTREST, of course!!!!  Many of you will recognize these pictures from Pintrest.  I got each and every idea from it and made them over the past few days.  Easy, fast and they are really nice.  Some are not completed or put up on the wall the way they will finally hang, but you can get the idea.  I have a few more projects I will try to get done over the Thanksgiving holiday and then decorate the very first week of December.
Last year, my Josh Grobin Christmas CD disappeared with both daughters claiming total ignorance.  Yeah, right!!!!  So I went out last weekend and bought myself a new one and have threatened both said daughters with death if I lose sight of it even once!!!!  It is the cd of choice, always, but I have added a few more to this years Christmas collection and I have them in some player at any given time.
Tis the Season.
Also, last Sunday, I was cornered by a counselor in our Relief Society Presidency who said she had heard from various sources that I was the one she wanted to ask to sing the special musical number for the Christmas Program.  Argh...a new song, that I have never heard.  So I will start practicing this week.  It's about the Mother Mary and her feelings of giving birth to the baby Jesus...and the emotions of being a new mother...not so easy for me as it is also the time of year, that as a mother, I lost my first born. 
Time to set aside some feelings and focus on another need.  I'm glad for the opportunity.
I think.

1 comment:

alisha.p.bowen said...

I love your decorations! You did such a great job. I'm so jealous, I wish I could deck my apartment with such beautiful splendor but Christmas decorations are sparse and EXPENSIVE here so I have to majorly improvise.