Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Aunt Chica is Home; Let the Party Begin


And she even arrived 30 minutes early!!
I was at work, planning to leave in about 30 minutes, when Kathryn called and said her plane had just landed.  I of course, had to shut down everything and race to the airport because everyone knows that when Kathryn arrives, the fun begins!!
I pulled up to the curb, got out, and started pacing the sidewalk waiting for her to come out - but she called and told me to turn around and look through the glass - she was waving at me frantically, while waiting for her luggage to be  delivered.  Only five minutes later, she was in the car and we were laughing our heads off.  She does that to me.  Makes me laugh and all.
Just little things..like...when we got home, I opened the garage door and took some things into the house.  She followed with her luggage and arms full of other things, so failed to close the door behind her.  I yelled at her 'Where were you born?  In a barn?"  Right on cue, one of our chickens came tearing through the kitchen and took the sharp turn into the living room with Del quickly on her tail, chasing her into the front entry way.  Laughs and giggles came from Kathryn and me as we watched Del attempting to catch and miss her multiple times.  When he finally got both his hands around her neck, he muttered 'bird brain' twice while approaching the crockpot on the kitchen counter that was slow cooking chicken legs.  He told something like ' you do this again and you're going to join your friends for dinner' and threw her outside on the back porch.  Kathryn and I laughed and laughed.
When the rest of the family arrived, the grandkids were beyond excited that CHICA was home - they don't even know her name is Kathryn - only CHICA.  And they had the best time with her...
I'm glad to have her home also - we will have a wonderful holiday.

No comments: