Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Night Became a Miracle







I expressed to Kylie the experience her parents had with setting up their Christmas tree and begged for us to come and help her little family set up their Christmas tree, as we had always done in the past,  She was quick to extend the invitation.
I babysat the kids Friday morning while Kylie went to the doctor.  Both kids were still in their pajamas when I arrived at 9:00 in the morning but it was only because they had been up since early that morning.  While I was in the front room playing with Madi, Preston was still back in the playroom, supposedly watching a movie, until I realized I could hear him snoring.  After about a half hour, I decided to go take him to his bedroom as he was obviously tired and needed to take a nap. When Kylie came home, she was very surprised that Preston had gone back to sleep and fallen alseep on his own.  I went home.
Later that afternoon, Kylie told Del that Preston had slept most of the day - only getting up to eat a little, drink something and then go back to bed.  This was the case of how we found him when we arrived at his house.  We were supposed to make doughnuts as we put up the tree - we had Christmas music and Madi was loving the whole scene, but Preston remained on the couch, obviously not feeling well. His fever was high the first time - 104'.  Later, it dropped to 103', but still way too high for him to handle.  I suggested a blessing.
Mike explained to Preston the process - the why's, the who's and the when's of the procedure.  Preston listened to every word and understood everything Mike was telling him.  I was amazed watching Preston process it all.  I could see his sweet spirit believing everything Mike told him - and he would ask Papa a few questions - I just listened and found my heart touched by the experience that we anticipated.
Del anointed.  Preston sat reverently and didn't move.  Even folded his arms.  And unlike what other children may have done at that point, he remained in his seat, understanding that his daddy would now 'seal the blessing'.  The blessing wasn't long, but it was thorough.  As Del and Mike finished and stepped away from the chair, Preston hopped off and went to Papa and said 'Am I healed?'  Del
 expressed later that he thought quickly of how he should answer that question, not wanting to squelch Preston's innocent faith, but also wanting to be realistic.  He simply replied 'You will be'.
We didn't stay long that night, due the circumstances.  I was sad that the night hadn't gone as I had envisioned it would - the laughter, giggle, doughnuts, tree decorated and the kids playing.  But I was touched by the experience we HAD witnessed - and the spirit we had felt from our sweet grandson.
In our evening prayers, Del and I pleaded with the Lord to hear our prayers and heal Preston -
Kylie called the next morning, confirming to us, that 'the miracle' had occurred, and Preston was indeed, healed.
Hearts were full and thanks was given and expressed to a loving Heavenly Father that could hear the prayers and see the faith of a special little four year old boy and his family.
Our own little Christmas miracle.

No comments: