Monday, March 21, 2022

A Labor of Pure Love









 I had arranged that while we were in Mexico, Jordan and Lexi were going to build a firepit and flower garden area for our backyard.  I left money for it to be done, with extra in my top drawer, for them to do a masterpiece of their choosing.  I knew it was a lot to ask, but I knew they were up for the task.  Del has been talking about doing something for the full 10 years we have lived here, but he has just never had the time.  So, I took matters into my own hands and made the decision to have it done my way, but it would at least get done.

And beautiful it is.  It took them the full week of really hard and long days but they finished it the night before we got home.  And it's stunning.  I'm told they both worked on it, but Lexi truly did most of the hard work.  I am beyond thrilled with the finished product and Del loves it too.  I can't even begin to find the words to thank Jordan ad Lexi.  This act of kindness was really hard for them.  They were exhausted and weary from the hard work.  And they planned and designed it all on their own.  I will spend the next week getting flowers for the flower bed and Del will finish the 10 raised flower beds he's making for our garden and then we will be ready to completely enjoy this new piece of heaven at our home.

No comments: