Thursday, March 31, 2022

A Tug On My Heartstrings

 Mike and Kylie are moving their family to Florida.

Yah, I'm heartbroken.

But, Mike's new job takes him there for three weeks, then one week home - two weeks there, one week home - etc etc.  And Kylie just can't do it by herself when he is gone.  So it will be so much easier on their family if Kylie and the kids just live there so Mike can just return home every night and be with his family.  But that means the move.

I love them.  And even though there have been recent struggles the past few years over Kylie leaving the church, the love I have for her is still as strong as ever.  She is such a calming force for me when there is conflict in other areas of my life.  She is able to handle situations with calm and a clear head that tend to rub off on me.  I love conversations with her - about life and her family.  I'm just going to miss her terribly.

And the kids?  They have grown up so much over the past few years.  Preston is now as tall as I am - smart kid and just a very great personality and sense of humor.  Madi is very tender lately - loving on me and her Papa all the time.  She is so very thoughtful of others feelings and always wants to make sure we are happy.  Lucy is Kylie all over again - her hair in just tight little ringlets - laughing and giggling all the time and loving life. A little mischievious but mostly kind and loving.  

They will leave behind some very sad hearts in Texas.  But we have already planned trips to Florida, with the first one being for Christmas.  That will be a fun experience - Christmas on the beach!!  It will be a nice vacation spot, now that we will have family there.

They move June 23rd.  Their house should sell for a nice profit and they have already found a home to rent for a few years until they find something they really want to buy.  In the meantime, we will spend as many spare moments with them as we can, help them pack up and then say our sweet goodbyes in June.

This Nana will shed a tear or two....

No comments: