Sunday, March 20, 2022

Mexico Day 3














 It had been decided on one of the first days, that we would have Monday, Wednesday and Friday be beach or pool days and then that Tuesday and Thursday would be excursion days.  So first thing Monday morning, we were up and in our bathing suits for the day.  Now mind you, Del and I are not really 'lounge by the pool' or 'lay on the beach' type people.  I have had too much skin cancer removed to want to go through any of that again, but we did want to show up long enough to get pictures and at least show some interest in what the others were doing.  But before any of that could happen, we needed to make arrangements for the weeks excursions.  I, somehow, got elected or took it upon myself, (probably the latter) to make all the arrangements.  But at some point, everyone ended up in the office, helping to set up the excursions.  Tuesday would be zip lining day for all those wanting to go.  It would also be Phil's birthday and so Del and I were paying for him as a gift.  Thursday would be sailing and snorkeling day.  That initially was going to be us and Lance and Rebecca - but then everyone decided they wanted to be with us, so we ALL ended up signing up for the day.  All excursions were booked, paid for and then we hit the beach. 

By the time Del and I got there,  several were already into reading their books, listening to headsets and swimming in the ocean.  I took several pictures, Del and I dipped in the ocean and then we all just layed around and talked.  It was Paul's birthday that day, so us girls took a picture and sent it to him.  Afternoon was spent playing games, swimming and then getting ready for dinner that night.  We had great seafood that night - fun conversation and of course, more game playing.

The night ended with the expected beautiful sunset - 


Note: While waiting for dinner, I had the opportunity to visit with Garth for a little over an hour.  Our discussion?  What had happened 20 years before and why I hadn't talked to him for 15 years.  I was able to share with Garth, for the first time, the experience from mine, well, and Rebecca's perspective as to what had happened.  He never knew some of the information or how it had affected us, but he finally understood.  And with great sorrow in his heart, he apologized for his part of the whole incident.  I too, apologized for the feelings of betrayal and hurt I had harbored for so long and we were both able to come to a sweet resolution of love and forgiveness for each other.  He later, away from me, apologized to Del, of which Del was both surprised and grateful for.  

No comments: