Monday, March 21, 2022

Mexico Day 5









 Since Day 4 was an excursion day, made this day a beach/pool day.  While I had gone zip lining and would spend the next week or so recovering, Becca and Lance, along with Mark and Bonnie, had all gone to get body massages ON THE BEACH!!  Okay - I'll be honest. Ask anyone who knows me.  I am NOT a massage person!  I hate people to touch my body - and by people, I mean anyone but Del. I just hate the whole skin exposure thing and having a complete stranger rub me down to the bones.  Plus, it hurts!!
Well, since Del was gone with Annette for the day to go train and play with dolphins, I thought I would attempt this wonderful image Becca had placed in my head of laying on the beach, listening to the waves and beautiful music, having warm oil massaged into my back, arms, legs and feet and feeling totally relaxed and in heaven.  I don't know why Rebecca's fantasies never come out the same when I experience them, but I dragged Phil with me to go try it out.  Yes, there was side boob - yes, there was oil and heat - and sand and music - and then the moment she started rubbing me down, there was pain.  Right on my left shoulder.  'De masiado !! De masiado"  it's 'too much too much' for me.  She realized quickly that she wasn't going to be giving me a massage at all, but more like a soft tickle of my skin - SOFT rubbing - SOFT everything.  After an hour, I was done and took mental note of two things I would probably never be doing again.  Zip lining and beach body massages.  I glared at Rebecca when I got back to the pool.

We played games all afternoon and then dressed for a night of Italian food.  For her birthday, I bought Becca a cute beach dress that was much like mine I brought for the trip and we wore them that night.  We loved all the time we were spending and bonding together.  We expressed some very tender feelings of love and companionship for each other - how we felt about each other growing up and the special bond we have for each other now.  We love each other so deeply.  We think and feel much alike.  We have similar interests, likes, dislikes and how to handle life.  All of this was only strengthened during this trip.  That is one reason I was so sad that Elaine had decided not to come.  I wanted her to be part of that whole experience with us.  Maybe another time.

Great dinner - mixed non alcoholic drinks, great entertainment and then games into the night.  We all had such a wonderful day, but as I crawled into bed late that night, my body moaned as I could feel every little bruise I would wake up to in the morning.

PPFFFFF! Body massages - WHATEVER!!!

No comments: