Friday, July 29, 2011

29th Anniversary...

Today is my 29th wedding anniversary; a day FULL of up and down emotions. I married Del 29 yrs ago and felt blessed to have found someone who loved me and would accept me and love me for the rest of my life. I loved Del and hoped that he would be able to help me be all I could be in life as a person, a wife and a mother and that in turn, I would be able to add some joy and fulfillment in his life also. Poor Del...he had no idea he was marrying a 'broken and much needing to be healed heart and soul'...but as he has found and learned over the years, I was a 'work in progress' and a project that he has never been willing to give up on, even when I gave him no reason to stick around. For this endurance in patience and love, I thank him. Today, he sent Kathryn to my office with these roses in hand, the beautiful card and a jewelry box that carried a new watch that I was very much wanting. The card read...'it doesn't take much 'watching' to see all the colorful 'roses' 'time' has given us. I love you...Happy Anniversary..'
Over the past 9 months, I haven't given Del many reasons to love me at all. I haven't given him reason to trust me, to care for me or to even stay with me. But he has. I know why...because Del is a man of his word..a man of his covenants...a man loyal and faithful to his God...and his wife. Happy Anniversary Del.


And then this...above...Some things never change...as much as we would hope they would over time and patience..some things just never change. This is Kathryn's bedroom and bathroom only 4 days after getting home. I am pretending it's not there...and after she leaves, I will clean it up, again, and get it ready for the NEXT time she comes through.

No comments: