Saturday, July 2, 2011

God Bless America

The Holiday celebrations have started.
I worked this morning half day but now have through Monday off for the Fourth of July Holiday. And there will be HOT weather, lots of barbecuing and fireworks for the next three days throughout Texas.
Tomorrow, I am leading the ward choir in singing a great patriotic song..and I think I'll have the Primary kids sing a few songs too. Then Monday morning, we have a ward breakfast where Del is charge of helping cook and I will be helping serve...later that day, we will be having Mike and Kylie come over for a barbecue along with our neighbor, who's family is gone to California and he is here alone...His dog died today and Del went over and helped him load the dog up in his truck to take to the SPCA to have buried or disposed of. We had three animal deaths Friday and today...sad deaths. The owners crying just about killed me.
Del is over at Kylie's tonight babysitting Preston. I came home from work beat tired...plus not feeling so great, so I stayed home and did some laundry and then went out in the sun for an hour or so. Del took me out to dinner last night where we had a great dinner and then we went to Toys R Us and we picked out 4 new books for Preston. I know Del took them over tonight to read to Preston before he put him to bed. Del used to always read to our kids too and they loved it. I'm pretty sure Preston will love his grandpa for it too.
Kathryn went down to Pocatello to visit Del's step mom for the weekend and she stopped in Blackfoot on the way down at Michael's grave. She took a picture of it on her phone and sent it to me. I'm glad she stopped. She also informed she pierced her ears..again...oh well. Her ears, her decision. She's a goof.
Jordan and Lexi went camping this weekend...bought a new tent to go with their sleeping bags we got them for Christmas. So they should have a fun weekend too. I wish we could convince them to move down here to Texas but I guess that will be almost impossible as Lexi is not a real fan of the heat. Me either, but I'm still gonna try to get her here. I would love to get to know her better.
Well...here's to a weekend of relaxing, good food and celebrating our freedom's in this great country of America.
God Bless America!!!

No comments: