Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

This was my breakfast this morning when I finally got out of bed...at 10:32 a.m.
I failed to represent the 'dairy' food group, which was an 8 ounce glass of WHOLE milk to help wash down what I considered a very balanced and much needed break in my current diet.
I had the basics covered...the obvious 2X4 piece of chocolate brownie covered in chocolate frosting, my protein which consisted of a massive spoonful of extra chunky peanut butter which then turned my regular brownie into a 'Reece's Peanut Butter Delightful' protein bar...and then, of course, I had my vitamins and double dose of Prozac.
My bases were covered for the day.

I found the best store ever....
At the beginning of the year I made the resolution that I was going to read a new book every month. I've been able to do that except for the month of April, but after September, I ran out of books that I already had and so was going to need to either go to the library and check some out, or go to Half price Books and get some new one's. So last week, while Del was gone, I went out to Garden Ridge to get some new picture frames for pictures I am going to hang around the house. While walking to the Garden Ridge entrance, I passed another store called 75% off Books and saw these rows and rows of tables stacked with books. I didn't think it would hurt to stop in and just glance through a few of the titles on the tables but I was terribly mistaken. It hurt...and HURT A LOT!!!! The credit card, that is. Two hours and $125 later, I walked out with over 30 books, the most expensive being $5.99. I was a crazy woman!!!! The prices were fantastic and the prices even better. It was almost every title I picked up I put into my cart. I was sooo excited but will still need to tell Del of my 'crazy moment' before the bill comes. That won't be the fun part.
I'm sure glad I cleaned the house spotless last week while Del was gone because I finished the first book today and won't get to house cleaning again for about two more books. I love to read. A nice escape for me and into whatever other world I choose to enter for those next 300 pages. My next book will be a Civil War hardback that jumped out at me calling my name. I'm looking forward to it.
Of course, the reading comes in between NFL and NCAA football games. My team, the Colts, with Austin Collie are 0-4 and will have a losing season this year as their quarterback is out for the season. I'm heartbroken. But my second team, 'The Pack' are currently 4-0 and will most likely have another winning season with hopes of going to the Super Bowl again. In college, I have BYU dragging me on an up and down roller coaster already, only 5 games into the season. But I remain true blue to BYU...always...no matter what.

General Conference was...well...for the first time in 30 years, I watched it alone. Del was in Utah...Kylie was in Utah...I worked in the morning...and..I was feeling...Let's just say, I will be reading the Ensign and hearing the messages for the first time. I did catch a talk here and there, but was not really as dedicated to the watching it LIVE. Kathryn was down in Utah with Del and Kylie and so Del was able to give Kathryn a very special 'father's blessing' that Sunday and she shared part of it with me afterwards. I was grateful for the experience both she and Del had. Del went to Utah to be with his mother and was grateful that while there, she was able to come home from the hospital and he was able to care for her and have some one on one time with her. Kylie was able to take Preston by to see my parents and then to see Shirley and some of his cousins on the Lott side. They had a blast. Kylie, who hates Utah and the weather even mentioned that she might actually be ready to move back to Utah...it was that beautiful. I told her probably 'not yet'...the thought of moving to Utah doesn't bring me anything but ...just not yet.

Today is my daughter in laws birthday. Lexi turns 21. I sent her a message and had Kathryn take her by some flowers and candy at work to let her know we were thinking of her on this special day. Kylie came over yesterday with Preston...child is adorable...brilliant...I hadn't seen him in over a week and he just seemed taller, older, bigger to me. He's starting to talk up a storm and just is sooo happy...and makes everyone around him happy too.

So...life is settling in to...it's settling. Ordering a few family pictures for the walls. Next event will be Thanksgiving and then, of course, Christmas.
Emotionally, physically, spiritually, intellectually and in every other way...I feel...well? I know I still feel things...but nothing consistently.
"Comfortably Numb" still seems to be the emotion of choice.

No comments: