Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Validated


No, that is not MY actual xray...but I had two taken last night in the ER.
The pain got worse and worse yesterday at work and by the end of the day, I was hurting pretty dang good!!! And I was feeling movement where I had felt the initial crack when I would move certain ways. My biggest fear was that I wasn't going to heal correctly if things weren't lined up like they needed to be. Plus, was I in that much pain over what the ER doctor felt was probably a 'strain' or pulled tendon from the rib cage??? I was feeling a little wimpy...but a lot of pain.
So after work, I went to the ER and had them take some xrays.
Validated!!! Two fractures showed in this xrays.
I was glad...just to know I wasn't a wimp...
I will NEVER...NEVER again bad mouth an athlete who chooses to 'sit one out' due to a broken or cracked rib. Instead, I will accept his/her word on the level of discomfort they feel they can endure without a pain killer injected directly into their inflicted OWIEEEEE!!!!
And if they so feel inclined to go out and play the hero in the last play of the game, they have my total praise and admiration for both their bravery and STUPIDITY!!!!
God Bless for Vicodin!!!

No comments: