Tuesday, August 21, 2012

AAHA Accredited!!!!

At the beginning of the year, the owners of our clinic decided they wanted to become what is called AAHA accredited.  That means, we would have been evaluated and needed to exceed the level of standard in over 900 areas of veterinarian expertise and passed all those areas.  It was going to be a daunting task, but one that if accomplished, would put us above and beyond the level of care from other vet offices in the state.  Only 15% of the vet offices/hospitals in the United States are AHAA accredited.  So, our task began.
And it has been hard...time consuming and very detailed oriented.  A lot of stress, a lot of 'extra's' being done...demands have been high...tension has been higher...every knit picking thing has had to be exact.  I tried to explain most of this to Del last night in telling him what today meant for our office.  It's a basic 'raising of the bar' in the field of veterinary medicine.  I told him this 'award' would mean a lot to us.
As some of you may know, I seldom wear make up and even less more often, wear a bra.  I know, I know...TMI....but this morning when I came out to go to work and had make up on, Del made a comment about my 'big brown eyes', which he always says when I have mascara on because he loves my eyes.  So when he said that, I said...'AANNNND, I have a bra on too!!!"  He said, 'Whoa...what award are you guys going for???'
Pretty significant award to get me with make up AND a bra on.
But we passed...we are officially AAHA Accredited.
The 'official' was named Lisa...she arrived at 9:30 this morning and didn't finish until 2:30 this afternoon.  She said we passed in every single area with flying colors.  A few areas need some improvement or perfecting, but otherwise, we were at the top of our game.
And we are now, one of two vet clinics/hospitals in this area of Texas that is AAHA Accredited.
And more importantly, NOW I can take my bra off!!!

No comments: