Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Evil Twin

I know I have one.
And every once in awhile, she over takes my body...my mind...and my will.
She has total and complete control.
She's a rebel....likes to 'live on the edge'...shock people by having a different opinion, liking something she 'shouldn't'...say something that's inappropriate.  She tends to veer off the straight and narrow and takes me with her.
Never over the edge...she never takes me over the edge because I've been too close to that edge before to ever get that close again.
I'm being cryptic.  I shouldn't.  I'm not talking about anything more than...
Silly example....
I lost 35 pounds last year.  I sent that evil twin packing and told her to let me finally be who I had been wanting to be for thirty years.  No junk food, disciplined exercise, and diligence in my goal.
I quit swearing...not a single foul word came out of my mouth.  I was humble, submissive and teachable.  I was focused on loving others more than myself.  And I loved being good.
Now my evil twin has come back.  She's in town, staying at a hotel down the street.  She has me back at work, which, of course, gives me no time to exercise...I eat candy, junk food and everything fast as I don't have time to do anything else.  I have gained 10 pounds back and a LOT of inches.  I'm disappointed.
In frustration, I have slipped an inappropriate word into my conversations at work.  I have made 'stress' an excuse to be unkind or frustration the reason to not be humble or teachable.
I've lost some focus.
I've been too close to inviting my evil twin to stay in my guest bedroom.
It was brought to my attention last night, when in a conversation with Del, he mentioned that he could see a few 'old habits' revealing their covered heads in my life.
I jumped all over that.
Not going to happen.
Time to put that evil twin on a flight out of here...with a 'one way ticket' and no ability to return.
I told myself I wouldn't get heavy again or unhealthy; that I wouldn't say things I shouldn't have come out of my mouth...and that I wouldn't treat others any other way than how my Father in Heaven would want me to.
I disappointed myself in all areas.
So...
I start again.
Now.  I can do this.  I did it once and I will do it again.
Starting NOW.


No comments: