Wednesday, August 29, 2012

...But We Paid the Price!!!

For weeks, our neighbors on all sides of us have been teasing us about 'having the greenest grass' on the street.  And we have!!!  Since we had new sod laid and new grass growing, we had to keep it continually watered, four times a week and about 40 minutes at each watering station in the yard.  We thought the water was still in the name of the builders until our move in date, but nope, apparently our water bill was changed to our name the minute we signed the papers...July 13th.
When Eric and Debbie moved into their home and had to water the same way we did, their bill was slightly over $400.  We calculated higher, hoping we would have spare change.  And our lawn showed for it.  GREEN???  Yep...the greenest on the street.  Pretty and lush and healthy, not brown.  GREEN!!!
The same color as CASH!!!!
The bill came.
Del called me at work and asked me that 'good news, bad news' question.
Then he had me start guessing.  When I finally said '$600?' and he still showed no signs of me being very close i insisted he just give me the bad news.
NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!! 
In numbers, it looks like this...
$900.......
In my reaction, it looks like this...
:( :( :( :( !!!

I still haven't announced the arrival of our bill to the neighbors.  I'll tell them when I get back from Utah.
They will be relentless in their teasing, but I guess we deserve it.
Del has since changed the setting on all the sprinklers and stations and we have changed our mowing to every OTHER week.  We may even resort to an evening or two of Indian rain dances around our fire pit in the back yard; face paint and all.
Don't think I won't!!  You know I will!!!

No comments: