Friday, December 21, 2012

It Packs a Giddy Punch




Kathryn introduced me to the 'Monster'.
Well, let's go back a little bit.
I left work early last night to make it home just in time to change clothes, brush my teeth and run off to the Relief Society Christmas Program being held at the Bishop's home.  I had been asked to sing.  I went through the song a few times, just to make sure I knew it well enough and got the feel of the piano.  The program was nicely done and the song was at the end of the program. It went fine....although, I was quite aware that I am way past my prime when it comes to singing solos.  Yes, I can still sing.  No, I don't think I should 'perform' anymore...or 'solo'.  I thing the new younger and much more talented generation should be taking over the sharing of their talents now.  I've had my turn and would like to now be the one enjoying the singing instead of doing the singing.
When I came home, I was greeted by Mike, Kylie and Preston who had come over to see Grandma Shirley that Del had gone to pick up at the airport.  We had quite the gathering and excitement.  They all stayed until about 9:30 and as soon as they left, we turned on the BYU football bowl game that had been taping since 8:00.
That's when Kathryn introduced me to her new friend, the Monster.
Apparently, this is an 'energy' drink.  No sugar, no calories, but TONS of caffeine!!!!!  Of course, she didn't tell me that until I had taken multiple SWIGS from the can and I was pretty wired!!!  She and I both got pretty giggly and fun through the following three hours and by 12:30 a.m., when it was apparent BYU was going to come away with a fantastic win, we were downright giddy!!!!  And funny...we laughed for hours!
And the fun continued tonight.
After a long day of grocery shopping, cooking, baking, laundry and cleaning, I was getting tired.  Jordan and Lexi came over and while Jordan and Del went horseback riding, Lexi and I made dinner and dessert for my neighborhood party tonight.  We snuck over to the party with Shirley and actually met quite a few wonderful neighbors.  We live on a great street with beautiful homes and very interesting people.  I was actually quite pleased to be introduced to such a diversity of friends.  I'm pretty excited to know that hopefully, these new people will be my neighbors for the duration of my life.  I spent most of my evening in conversation with an older woman who had been born and raised in Peru.  She was lovely.  Her father from Switzerland and her mother from Germany.  We talked of the Peru and Chile we knew from 32 years ago, which was the last time she had been back to her country.  I had a thoroughly enjoyable evening talking with her.
But we had to leave early as we had Jordan and Lexi back at home.  Played some games before they had to leave at 9:00.
And tonight, we have BYU basketball.  We're playing Baylor.  We started off with a bang, but we are currently getting our butts kicked.  The pictures are of us watching during a 'calmer' moment.  I have jumped up and down several times and Del has switched couches twice after pacing the room.  Our players are frustrated and you can see it in their play.  And even though it's 10:45 and we still have 5:55 to go in the game, I'm going to watch til the end.  Tomorrow is Saturday and I get to sleep in...
Okay, enough of today.  Now, I'm just rambling.  I wish I could go into detail of some of the funny things that were said last night by Kathryn...and me...funny.  But it would lose a lot in the translation...
I guess you had to be there.
Glad I was.

No comments: