Monday, December 24, 2012

Sunday Christmas Dinner






I've been neglectful of some people that I love very much, so I made the special invitation to have them to our family Christmas dinner.  There was some confusion as to the dates and availability of everyone, but we were finally able to arrange for our Family Christmas dinner to be Sunday evening.
Sean and Becky are my kids too; at least I have always felt they were and I have always tried to treat them that way.  But since they moved into their new home, a new ward, and we moved far away, it has not been nearly as frequent or as thoughtfully planned as I wish our time together could be.  And I have felt neglectful. So they came to Christmas dinner and we shared a wonderful evening with them.  They were thoughtful to bring some goodies to share and joined in the great food and game playing and then of course, the family pictures.  Dinner was wonderful....ham, potato casserole, veggies, rolls and a great dessert.
Then Del made our first fire in our wood burning fireplace....it capped off the warmth I was feeling in my heart for all my many blessings that were mine to enjoy last night...surrounded by my sweet family that I love so very much.

1 comment:

Sean and Becky said...

Thanks for being our Texas Mama! We love you! My favorite picture is the one where Sean is laughing with Preston, so cute! Thanks for having us!