Thursday, February 21, 2013

What Doesn't He Understand?

Oh daddy.
I left Utah early last Friday morning.  That night, in the middle of the night, daddy insisted on going to the bathroom...by himself.  He KNOWS he's not supposed to do that.  He KNOWS he can't and shouldn't, but he still does.
And what happened?  He fell - again.  Of course he fell!  And right onto his back.  The nurses didn't find him until the next morning I guess, so he slept there suffering in pain the whole night.  He was sure he had broken his back but the next two days, he did fairly okay, although in pain.  The facility finally did an 'in-house' xray and found a T-12 compression fracture.  What that means?  I don't know.  Only that he is uncomfortable.
Mother says he's not eating very well.  I'm not surprised though.  ALL HIS FOOD IS PUREED!!!  I imagine that has gotten old really fast and he's had just about enough of that.  All of it is starting to depress him - and me.  I feel so bad for him.
And my mother remains strong - you know, that whole 'British upper lip' thing.  But I can see it breaking her heart too, knowing that her sweetheart is in any kind of discomfort, confusion or inability to function as he is so accustomed to.  My prayers have become more focused on dad's comfort level now and ability to do even the simplest of things. He's had a full life.  He's completed everything the Lord has asked him to do - and he's done it well.  Does that all mean it's time for him to return to our Father in Heaven? 
Only our Father knows.

No comments: