Thursday, October 23, 2014

Now We're Getting Serious!!










Look what arrived while we were in Utah.
Del had told me he had ordered some food storage - but dang...he didn't tell me how much!!
And while in Utah, we went in to the Emergency Essentials Store and had decided we wanted to get a few things - so we ordered them, and a few days after the cases of food arrived, we saw our new HUGE pressure canner, electric wheat grinder and hand wheat grinder arrive.  It's like Christmas around here.  We are so excited to see our shelves in our closets, under our beds and in our spare rooms full of cases of food - and now with the extra large canner, we are going to be able to double our work in a shorter amount of time.  And the wheat grinders???  I never thought the words would come out of my mouth, but I'm actually going to ask my mother how she used to make hot wheat cereal, and we're going to give it a try!!!  Yep, you read that right!!  I'm going to eat hot wheat cereal again.  But now that I'm an adult, I'm not going to put honey on it, I'm going to put sugar - and LOTS of it!!!
And homemade wheat bread will become a weekly staple at our house again...

No comments: