Thursday, October 23, 2014

Utah Trip: Days 4 and 5

Del left Sunday night to go up to his mom's place in Logan, to work on some genealogy, while I stayed in Orem to spend time with Kathryn and my sister's.  Monday, I spent the day with Kathryn, taking her shopping to get her some new clothes that she was needing and a few other things like make up, under clothes and then me, some BYU things - t[shirt, pajama bottoms and sweats, flag and then a tie for Dr Camp.  It was nice to spend time with Kathryn and meet some of her co-workers, see where she worked and then play games with Lance and Becca at night.





Tuesday, Kathryn had to work, so Rebecca and I went over to my mothers to help my sister, Rachel, do her monthly cleaning of my mom's house.  We got there before Rachel did and had a lot of the cleaning finished by the time Rachel got there.  So when Rach got there, we did the last hour of work before we had a nice lunch and FUN FUN talking about just everything.  We laughed and giggled like little kids - we cried too, talking about each of our trials and hardships - mostly Rachel expressing some of her concerns over one of her children.  We talked with mom about how she was doing since dad's passing.  She's doing remarkably well, coping with her loneliness, but handles dad's absence really well.  She shared some things she hadn't shared with others and it was nice to hear her perspective on some things and feelings she had experienced at the time of his passing. It was REALLY a nice visit with the three of them...




No comments: