Thursday, October 23, 2014

Utah Trip: Days 6,7,8















Del came back from his mom's on Tuesday night, so Wednesday was our family 'remembering our Utah days' day.  Del, Kathryn and I went up on BYU campus to the bookstore, where we bought a few things and just enjoyed seeing all the students.  Then we took a drive up the Provo Canyon and did the loop around Sundance and Aspen Grove.  It was stunningly beautiful - we took pictures of all the leaves and tree's turning colors - and the colors were vibrant - yellows, oranges, red and greens.  Bridal Veil Falls was so pretty - as was Squaw Peak and the river.  I love the pictures we took of each other.  We even called Kylie and the kids while we were up there so we could face time with them and they could see everything we saw.
When we came down the canyon, we decided to drive past our old house in Lindon and then we went to Purple Turtle, the local ice cream joint and got ourselves some favorite ice cream cones.   It was fun to see our old stomping grounds and share some favorite memories.
Thursday was another game day for BYU - it was late Thursday night and we watched it on tv...Such a close game, but yet another loss for BYU.  So sad to realize our whole football season had changed.
Friday, Kathryn drove us to the airport and we flew home,  I forgot to mention that on Thursday night, before the game started, Mike and Rachel, with mom and their children, stopped by Becca's house to say hi and see Becca's new house on their way to the party that was being held for Rachelle, who was opening her mission call.  I was the only one who guessed Argentina - and I was the only one who was right.  Bah, what now?
Anyways...good trip.  Busy - saw a lot of people and did a lot of things. But I was glad to be home.
A little confusing feelings for me - mixed emotions about LOVING the feeling of everyone being LDS and BYU fans in Utah - in the stores, at the restaurants, at the game, everywhere we went, I liked that most people were LDS and it was like 'safe'.  a 'safe' place.  But then I liked coming home to Texas where my children and grandchildren are..and trying to figure out how to combine the two places.  I was a little displaced the first few days I was home - kind of pensive and thinking a lot about how I could have the feeling of Utah IN Texas..combine the two.  I haven't quite figured it out lately, but I will.
Nice to look at the pictures and remember the fun time we had.  Nice trip.

No comments: