Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Text To Rachel - sent 04-03-2021

 It’s a little past midnight and our house is quite. I am softly rocking my new granddaughter Peyton to sleep and giving thanks to my Heavenly Father for sending us such a sweet angel to our home.

You are slowly slipping away from us Rach. You’re barely eating enough to take your meds and your body is gradually succumbing to the exhaustion of your valiant fight. You are dying. And my heart is breaking. I hold life in my arms and see death taking you away. This circle is hard for me to bare!! And yet, tears are shed as Peyton left the heavens and joy was full here on earth where we welcomed her. It will be the same for you, my sweet sis. We will weep here as daddy embraces you home in the heavens. Our Fathers plan is perfect. And yet, I will miss you. I have always loved you Rach, a little more tenderly than some of the others. You and Mike have truly been family that we have loved deeply and hard. And thus, our sadness is also deep and hard. I wish I could be with you as you quietly make this, your last transition on earth. Like most things in life, you have not been one for much fanfare, just have lived a good and fulfilling life. You’ve had your fair share of both ups and downs, wishes for re-do’s in raising children. But haven’t we all. All in all, your eternal family will be your greatest joy. And you deserve it.
Rach, rest now. Know I love you with my whole soul. These next few weeks, and if we’re lucky, months, will be your last. But only for this life. I long for our eternal memories still to be made in the heavens above. I will attempt several more times to reach you in between your sleep as the days pass.
Love to you, my sweet sis.

No comments: