Friday, April 30, 2021

'I Longed To Be There'

 

I'm jealous of this picture.  That I'm not there with my other sisters.  That I'm not hearing what Rachel was saying to those in the room.  That I'm not feeling the spirit that was in the room.  I should have been there.

Rebecca was able to be a caregiver for Rachel for a few very difficult days.  Becca said she was emotionally, physically and in many other ways, completely exhausted and 'spent' at the end of the 4 days.  She could hardly express her emotions to me.

Uncle Floyd was able to go up with my mom to see Rachel.  He will speaking at Rachel's funeral.  She asked him to read her patriarchal blessing to her out loud and then he gave her some counsel and consoling.

Rachel was trying to express to Uncle Floyd some of her thoughts and feelings.  She was distressed, but pleading to him for relief of her pain and discomfort.

Rachel is ALWAYS wanting mom to come see her.  She is so tender with mom - loves her deeply.

No comments: