Thursday, April 15, 2021

The Time is Near


 My mom and Jennifer went to visit Rachel today.  She was in so much pain that she could not even acknowledge that they were there with her.  My mom spoke to her, telling her each name of her siblings and our spouses - sharing that each one of us loved her - we longed for her peace and comfort.  

Ruth is there today to take care of her through the night, so that Mike, who is running on fumes, can get some type of rest.  He is totally and completely exhausted, and needs to sleep.  The Hospice nurse and doctor came today and gave Ruth a pamphlet about the final hours or life and what to expect.  Ruth asked them what we are looking at - if it's weeks or months before she'll pass.  They replied, 'Oh no - we're looking at days - probably this weekend'. Ruth just collapsed, stunned by the suddenness of it all.  I too, am unnerved by the report.  I'm not ready.  And I'll be the first to say, that for selfish reasons I want more time.  But I know she can't.  Mike is going to be calling his children together tonight to give her a blessing to release her from this earth to return to her Father's.  

Heavenly Father, Thy will be done.

No comments: