Monday, March 19, 2012

Me...at age 52



This was at the end of a LONG Sabbath Day.
I had taught 120 children through two hours of Primary; I had made a full fledged barbecue dinner over a hot stove, grill and in the oven; I had finished a teary temple recommend interview, taken a one hour nap, played out in the WINDY backyard and then done two loads of dishes.
I was beat tired....but still played games.
I can see my sister Sheila in my face...a lot of my mother...some of my father.
I can see a wife of almost 30 years, a mother of four grown adults, a grandmother, a housekeeper, cook, maid, employee and friend.
I can see joy, weariness, stress and happiness.
I have laugh lines, worry lines, tired lines and happy lines.
I see who I am.
Need improvement???
In a lot of areas, yes.
But in most? I'm getting there...
and you get what you get...and we don't pitch a fit.

No comments: