Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mitt Romney for President


It's a political year and this is one of our Republican hopefuls.
His name is Mitt Romney.
He was the Governor of Massachusetts, the Chairman of the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City and a member of the church. This is his second attempt at running for the Republican bid for the Presidency of the United States. Last time, he was defeated and the country elected the Democrat Barack Obama as our President and it has been a disaster.
He's a good man and although I do not know or understand all of his political views, I am hopeful that he will win. I can only hope that the promises I HAVE heard him make and the ideas and views that he HAS presented to the country will be what we need and he can pull off.
He WILL be who I vote for. Not because he is LDS, although I am hopeful that his religious beliefs and standards will be something for good in his influencing of others, but that I feel he can help us as a nation in improving our health care, our economic fall out and the lack of employment for millions in our country. I understand little about our foreign policy and obligations to other countries. I do hope he will be able to stay focused with our immediate needs as a country and prepare us for a future that will look positive and hopeful for all.
I guess, mostly, I hope he's not like so many before him....full of hot air, broken promises and only a grim hope for a future without poverty and war.
I want to vote for more than that in a President.

No comments: