Friday, March 30, 2012

WHEW!!! What a Relief!!!

As a mother, my natural and desirable instinct is to 'fix things'...cuts, scrapes, scratches and all 'boo-boo's'...heartache, headaches and every kind of other ache...big mistakes, little mistakes and all unintentional mistakes...
BUT GUESS WHAT???
I don't have to anymore...
Why?
Because this book says I don't have to and it's actually okay NOT to.
You can't imagine the weight that lifts off my 'motherly' shoulders!!!
I just started reading this book today...and I'm only three chapters into the information and I already feel 20 pounds lighter and 10 years younger.
Go figure...not my job to FIX everything...but to 'walk emotionally with those I care about while empowering them to solve their own problems'.
Could this really be done??? Even with those I have felt are 'unfix able?'
There's hope - there's time...and there's relief!!!
Implementation of new knowledge effective immediately.

No comments: