Sunday, March 25, 2012

Surrounded By Those I Love

Since my last post, I have received an outpouring of love from some of those that I hold dearest to my heart...telling me they 'are there for me' during some difficult times, and that they support me and love me and are proud of me. It has meant everything to me. It has given me the strength I need to make it through some very private and quiet moments of anguish that have occurred during this purging of my past. Some of those people have been by my side the whole time...never left my side even once; Del being the first on that list. He could have walked away you know, but never would have. He is a man of honor - a covenant man - a man of God. And he deeply and truly loves me...How do I know? He tells me...he shows me....he stays by me.
Today, I shared my testimony in church...the first time in years.
Above all, I was grateful to a Father in Heaven that has loved me through my trials and temptations and then secondly, for a Heavenly Father that blessed me with a husband who has done the same. And then for the people who have surrounded me in their love and friendship...
my children, my sisters Elaine and Rebecca, Sean and Becky, Amy LeBaron, Susan Robb and my sweet Bishop to name just a few. I feel loved...and supported. And I need and desire nothing else.
The pictures above are from last night...a double date with Mike and Kylie to the movies. So much fun being with them...they bought the movie tickets so we tried to compensate with buying the candy we snuck into the theater in Kylie's purse. It was nice being with people I love and enjoying myself.
The Primary children did not disappoint today either.
But in a different way.
Yes, there were the adorably drawn pictures, the big loves and hugs from so many of them, but today, I taught them a song about Easter...and the importance of taking a 'quiet and still moment' to think about Jesus, even at the very young age at which they find themselves. And the spirit was there....and touched my heart as I saw them with their eyes closed, thinking about Jesus as I sang to them the song about Jesus suffering on the cross.
They understood. And I did too.
It's His love I feel the most at this point in my desire to live this new life.
And when He is not able to be here himself, He has given me Del and all the others previously mentioned to be there, by my side, surrounding me with unconditional love.
I feel strong...sustained...supported...
and loved.

2 comments:

Jacob said...

These positive posts are making me so happy for you - I see a change and a light! Way to go. :)

Sean and Becky said...

We LOVE YOU so much!!!