Friday, March 30, 2012

When I Get Old...er

...I want to sit right here on my front porch with the man I love....
and watch my grandchildren running around in the big 10 acre meadow in front of our home or riding horses...or four wheeling...or chasing each other playing Cowboys and Indians or pretending to be Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest; or fairly princesses dancing through the flowers in tutu's made of pink, yellow and green lace.
I want to be content.
I want to have peace.
I want to feel joy.
I want to hear music in the air.
I want to be laughing at the picture in front of my eyes.
I want no regrets...only sweet memories.
I want to be in love and loved in return.
I want my heart full of gratitude for every friend, every member of my family and every person who has ever been any part of my life.
I want God to know I love Him, I did my best and tried my hardest to be worthy of the dream in front of my eyes.
When I get old...er.

P.S. But if by chance that man I love wants a little more excitement than those two old rocking chairs on the porch can provide, I would be up for a ride in our Chevy convertible, with the top down, the wind blowing in my longer gray hair and the radio blasting our music from the 70's...maybe a little ABBA..Doobie Brothers..BTO...ELO.....
....we might not be back for days.....
....mwahahahahaha!!! :)

No comments: