Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's Fun to be a COUGAR

The newest little Cougar in training.

The future of BYU ; quarterback position.

Any future quarterback has to have his play time....

Even our 'star' has supervised training of how 'to play'.

With Papa's help, Preston loves his fun.

Halftime is for FROG HUNTIN'.

I think they found one...

Papa forgot to let Preston 'back in the game'.

Bedtime for our little Cougar.

Preston was 'out' just minutes later.

When I came back to the front room to finish watching the game, I found Prestons toys where he had put them for the night...tucked safely behind the fireplace screen.



The next morning, (today), Preston was placed in 'time out' for a short moment for getting mad at Papa when he didn't get what he wanted...candy.

Preston and Papa caught out on the back porch enjoying the early morning quiet.

There's a history here.  BYU vs. Utah.  Rivals; back as far as anyone can remember.  And a really good time to start our newest little Cougar in his training program.
Kylie was throwing Michael a birthday party at their house...so it was finally OUR turn to have Preston spend the night at our house.  And Del and I were pretty excited.  Not just because Preston would be coming to spend the night, but because it was the night of 'the big game'.
And everything went just as I had hoped...everything except the outcome of the big game.  The night with Preston was wonderful - he was soooo much fun...played, played and played....I snapped pictures of everything he did.  I taught him how to cheer for the Cougars...put a BYU shirt on him and we tossed the football back and forth for a long time.  During halftime, we went outside to play and he ran up and down the driveway like a madman!!  I was kicked out of my bed so Preston could sleep with Del and within Del laying with him for 5 minutes, Preston was sound asleep.  It was adorable to see the lengths Del went to to make sure Preston was safe and secure in our big bed and wouldn't roll off the edge.  Yes, it included wood, pillows and food storage.  Just use your imagination and you can pretty much imagine what Del came up with.
But to the game???  It was rough.  It appeared we were going to have our typical 'come back in the 4th quarter and win' game, but we forgot the 'win' part.  I was BEYOND disappointed.  And it was an ending that will probably never happen again and be talked about for years to come.  History was made, but not in our favor.  The game ended well past 1:30 am our time...but I didn't fall asleep until about 4:00.  I was sad.
Anyways...
This morning, I woke up at 9:00 after a really ROUGH and very painful night..(my shoulder).  I came out into the kitchen and front room and gazed from one end of the room to the other.  I could tell Preston and Papa had been awake for hours...literally HOURS.  There was not a single cushion on the furniture...chairs were strategically placed at each end of the room where a king sized sheet had been carefully made into a super fort cover.  His toys had been taken out from behind the fireplace screen and were hiding underneath one of the cushions where the animals were 'sleeping'.  And the Dominoes???  ALL over the front entry tile, where they had once been standing in a perfect row until I am sure, he playfully knocked the first one down and watched all the others follow right after.  Picture after picture had been drawn on the paper on the fireplace hearth with all the markers and pens that were now thrown all over the floor, many of them missing their caps.
And sitting in the middle of this horrendous mess, tucked under many cushions and surrounded by his stuffed frog and SIMBA, was Preston, watching a Land Before Time Dinosaur movie, not moving an inch and not uttering a sound.  I took pictures...about ten more of them...of every cute thing I just described, only to realize afterwards that I didn't have my camera chip in the camera.  I was so disappointed.
But I have each memory in my mind. 
And I have a new little Cougar to train...
He's going to be the best little BYU fan EVER.
I can promise you that.

No comments: