Saturday, September 1, 2012

Utah: Day 3

 The day started off with a bang....literally.  There was thunder and lightening and pouring rain starting at about 4:30ish.  I knew Del would be awake in Texas so I texted him all about it and he asked me to send some of the rain his way.  But I wasn't about to go outside and do some kind of Texas rain dance at that time in the morning, so I went back to sleep and was out until around 8:00.  First thing on the days agenda was more peeling and slicing of peaches so we could make peach cobbler for our family dinner at noon that my sister Rachel was coming to.  There would be cousins too, so Becca and I ended up making three cobblers.  I was exhausted by 11:30.
 Rachel arrived around 1:00 and we laughed for hours.  She brought a very yummy lunch with her that we all enjoyed, then we just gabbed and played around for the next 4 hours.  Cousins arrived with their children.
Below, we have Janene's daughter Savannah on the left and Loralee's daughter Olivia on the right.  They were adorable playing with each other, almost as cute as their mothers in the following pictures.



 Rachel had mom show her how to sew some of the 'delicate' stitches on a temple apron that Rachel is going to attempt to make.  This was, of course, AFTER  Rachel finally got the needle threaded.  It appears Rachel is quickly coming to the age of needing glasses....
 We did have some fun times together today...Rebecca, me and Rachel.

 Rebecca's daughter Jenna, is in California staying in a hospital in San Francisco after having surgery on her baby boy that is still in the womb...details to come later.  So all of us convened around the computer and skyped Jenna while they were here.  Her female cousins gave her a really hard time about a few things and it was comical to hear them laughing and giggling amongst themselves.
Apparently, at around 1:45 a.m., my daddy fell on his way to the bathroom and banged up his right eye pretty badly.  This is how he arrived at Becca's house today.  It is swollen and red but I'm sure, will turn black and blue within days.  He had a rough night and was having a hard time staying awake today during all of our activities.  So we had my mother take him home for a much needed nap and then after dinner tonight, we had her take him home early so he could go to bed.  I worry about his being able to get up and down without tipping over, especially during the middle of the night.  It seems that this fall was caused by tripping over his own cane.
We were talking before dinner about 'BUCKET LISTS' and what those were.  After explaining the meaning to daddy, I asked him if there was anything he really wanted to do, that he had never done before, before passing away from this life.
He was thinking for quite some time but never did answer.
I don't think he could come up with anything.
There WAS NO answer.
I was glad.

No comments: