Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Utah: Day 6

playing with my nephew's 2 daughters, Addie and Keira.

I named this man...Paul Jr...became PJ.

Hema Heimuli..Former BYU Football player.

Brother Heimuli speaking to the Young Women in Becca's ward.

IPod Karaoke...
Rebecca had a Young Womens presidency meeting this morning so I decided to drive in to Lindon to my old stomping grounds.  Not much different but a few changes.  Our church building was no longer a church but had been changed to the Lindon Community Center, which I thought was really interesting.  A lot of the members lived in the same houses and the home which had owned was slightly run down and the yard was mis kept, but it still was holding it's own.
After touring Lindon, I stopped at a local church bookstore and then picked up a few groceries for the lunch we were having at Becca's house and then went home.  While she and I made two salads and dessert, my niece Loralee and her daughters, my sister in law Ann and my sister in law Sherrie and her daughter Sarah all arrived for lunch.  We had a great time visiting before my nephew PJ, his wife Hailey and their two daughters also arrived for the afternoon.  PJ is Sean's oldest brother and used to be my favorite until...well..until Sean and I became close...BUT, I still adore PJ...a lot..  and his wife and daughters are the cutest.  Another niece Emily also arrived and we spent several hours just visiting and laughing.
Tonight was Becca's Young Women's night..and they had a guest speaker talking about courage.  It was a former BYU football player, Hema Heimuli form back in MY days at BYU.  It was great to see and listen to his comments.  He gave an excellent message.  Then the girls followed into a music IPod Idol singing night and I took a picture of Rebecca's performance.  She did a great job and the girls were quite proud of her.  Me too.
I'm going to call it an early night tonight.  I leave tomorrow around noon and I'm tired.  Can't believe I go home tomorrow.  It will be nice to be back in Texas although I have had a wonderful trip to Utah.
Until then...

1 comment:

Sean and Becky said...

I KNEW SEAN WAS YOUR FAVORITE!!! :)