Monday, September 3, 2012

Utah: Day 5

Jennifer, Becca and Me at the softball game.

Austin helping his cousin Sophie at bat.

Packard Family softball game....

Mike and his sweet daughter Shayla

Family barbecue/picnic after the ballgame.

Eric (just returned from mission) and his sister Rachelle.

Always games to play.

Me with my sweet daddy -

Me and my mother...twinkies (look alikes)

Daddy is more often a spectator now, but we do try to get him to play when he can.

Daddy was showing me some exercises he does for physical therapy.  I'm pretty sure I ripped my right shoulder out of it's socket during the morning ballgame, so these exercises actually HURT!!!

Our mother showed Rebecca and I her 'secret stash' in the refrigerator she saves for ONLY us girls.
Today was Labor Day...and as tradition dictates, we had a Packard softball game starting at 10:00 at the designated park by Rebecca's house.  We didn't have as big a turnout as we have had before but those who came had a really good time.  What was most shocking and disturbing to me....I was the oldest one there!!!  I WAS THE OLDEST!!!  But did that get me out of batting, running the bases and stuck out in left field???  Not on your life!!  No compassion in this family for the old and feeble.
My right shoulder had already been killing me, so let's just throw in a couple of hard hit fly balls out my direction and my ridiculous attempts to throw them in field to Mike and yep, I'm pretty much 'JACKED UP' on my right side.  On one throw in particular, I honestly think I ripped my shoulder out of it's socket.  I even screamed out in pain.  Still no reprieve from my next 'at bats' though.  I had a few solid hits and made it to base every time...but, I finally cried 'foul' and took my place on the sidelines in a nice comfortable camping chair.  There has to be SOME rule of 'grandmothers' playing softball on the holidays...or ANY day for that matter.  But it was fun.
Everyone brought yummy food - more than any of us needed but that none of us had a hard time putting away.  Then over to mom and dad's to play games and have more fun.  We stayed there for a few hours before everyone was needing to go home to get kids to bed for school the next day.
I took a nap - a 2 hour nap before coming upstairs to have a small dinner with Becca and Lance, watching some t.v and doing up the dishes.
Now, I complete my day with blogging.

No comments: