Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Utah: Day 7

September 5, 2012 with my parents Von and Sheila Packard 
I leave Utah today.
It has been a wonderful trip, a wonderful week and I have some wonderful memories.
My parents look good.  My expectations were both confirmed and met in many ways but most importantly, I was able to see for myself what I will need to expect over the next few months.
Yes, my daddy is currently stable...good days and bad days.  The good days are sustaining and hopeful.  The bad days are 'iffy' and give me cause for concern.  But at least I now understands what it means when i hear that he is having a 'bad day'. 
My predictions of the future are...?  Well, I don't think he will pass this year.  And we could even get lucky enough to have him for a family reunion next summer.  But, he's also not sick right now either.  He gets a cold or pneumonia this winter and I have no doubt, it will take him in a heart beat.
So the next 6 months will be crucial in keeping daddy healthy and regulated on his medications...and a lot of prayers and hopeful wishes.  I am so glad I came...and could see for myself the condition of both my parents.
Now, I leave in an hour and return to my family in Texas.  I've missed them but will probably not be doing any more traveling until next year when we all come to reunion together.
Back to my family, back to work, and back to Texas I go...

No comments: