Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Elaine: My Sister, My Friend





This is my sister Elaine.
I love her...
I have 5 sisters and I love each and every one of them....
but I love Elaine differently than the others. The others don't know that, and they don't read my blog, so I feel safe in expressing that the love I have for Elaine is different And even if any of the others were to read this, they would understand WHY I love Elaine differently.
Elaine is pure...kind...non judgemental...and compassionate. She has endured trials and heartaches that I would never want to trade her for. She is classy, elegant, sophisticated and talented. She impresses anyone and everyone she meets. She is strong, opinionated, loyal and trustworthy...
She is my friend.
And today, she was my life support.
As an observer of the past 6 months of my life, she has watched silently and fearfully as I have spiraled into oblivion carrying a continual prayer in her heart for my happiness. She has reached out several times with the careful sensitivity of timing, tact and love...waiting for the moment I would turn to her for the life line she ALWAYS has available for me.
And today, she was there to meet my reaching heart...
and she saved me...again.
The floodgates opened and she and I both wept tears from deep in our souls.
For 3 hours we spoke heart to heart...
as only sisters can...
as only friends can...
I love you Elaine.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

That's it. I'm telling your other sisters. And my dad for that matter. :) jk. And congrats on the new job!!! Sounds perfect. How fun!! Good luck!

Vicki said...

It's wonderful to have a sister (and friend) like that. Someone who sees past all our imperfections, and loves us anyway. We can count ourselves as two of the lucky ones...

Elaine said...

Debbie,
I KNOW where you live, and I WILL find you!
PS...LOVED your recent b-day cake.SO cute!

Elaine said...

Thanks Mars,
I love you 2!

Gavin and Shawna said...

Phew...its a good thing I only have one sister...and luckily one that is just as you describe!
That makes my heart happy for you =)!!