Sunday, May 22, 2011

Talking like the Animals

Tomorrow I will start my first full week at my new job.
Last week was a little rough for a first week...
We had to put 4 dogs down...to sleep...dead.
Geez, do you know how sad that is???
I got quite teary eyed a few times and had to really hold back the flood gates when a few pet owners lost their control emotionally.
And the girls at the office had said that one of the hardest things at the office is trying to keep the weight off as there are ALWAYS treats and goodies there as patients bring them in almost on a daily basis. Well, by the end of my day Friday, I told the girls that the only thing I had seen brought in by the patients were poop and pee samples and I wasn't THAT impressed by them! They think I'm funny. I'm making a chocolate cake tonight to take in tomorrow to show them what I expect in the future. I have lost 38 pounds now and I have no intention of putting ANY of it back on!!! So, the cake goes into work.
They have also learned that I am LDS and have started asking all the questions. This will be a fun opportunity to do some good missionary work while having a little fun with them in the process. Example...one of the girls asked what I was going to be making for dinner when I got home and I told her that 'my husbands other wife would probably have it all done by the time I got home.' Once the shock wears off, I will tell her I was kidding...probably later this week.
So, my talking like the animals will start full swing tomorrow.
I'm hoping my whining/begging skills are perfected by the end of the week. That's when I'll ask Del if I can go get a new bathing suit for the summer and upcoming pool parties.
Woof!! Woof!!!

No comments: