Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spiritual Cleansing Brings the Beginning of Peace

I had a beautiful interview with my Bishop yesterday.
NOW the real healing can begin.
In expressing to him the difficulty I am having with my thoughts and heart letting go of some pain, hurt, desire and love , he explained how this process is going to take a little more time than I was hoping it would. I would sure love a 'quick fix' of this pain...this hurt..this past memory. But he said one of the hardest emotions to release is love, especially when mixed with hurt, pain and memories.
Big sighs....and I was hoping for immediate peace. I do have more peace at this point and time than I probably deserve...and after visiting with the Bishop, I do have release of some heavy burdens. But oh, I was hoping for an immediate erasing of....all the rest.
But it will come.
Some of his thoughts were intense...and enlightening...about how when our lives, both heart, mind and soul are consumed with something for any length of time, it will take a sufficient amount of time to release ourselves from those same things until peace can come. Sometimes, we are not able to completely remove that love, or pain or hurt from our hearts and lives...but then, we have to turn the rest over to the Savior for the Atonement to give us the lacking wholeness we seek.
I hope the Savior can handle my past 32 years because I'm not sure I can be completely whole on my own.

No comments: